We are not planning to release any bugfix releases of 0.9.4.x branch. If you are interested in porting bug-fixes from 0.9.5 branch into 0.9.4.x, please contact the development team via Mailing lists.
- Internal unicode usage: use everywhere Qt string classes to avoid useless conversions. User:Chehrlic. Almost done, needs testing.
Jabber: Support for XEP-0092(Software Version), remove version info from default resource string.User:WRAR,User:Serzh - done
- Jabber: Implement File Transfer (XEP-0096, XEP-0065): Shaplov: In progress
- ICQ: Support for new avatar approach in ICQ 5.1 and QIP. User:Chehrlic. Done, needs testing
Profiles Renaming feature.User:Serzh Done. Needs testing and polishing.
package-messagestargets for cmake build and get rid of autoconf
- Replace icon and sounds with unclear licences with GNU/GPL one (Bug #8843) In progress by Shaplov and noragen
- Fix most critical known bugs:
Bug #10650 Impossible to add Non-IM contact:fixed by Vooft (Mikheev N.) Bug #11757 ICQ: Users from ignore list can't be deleted from contact listfixed by int32 (Dmitry Karasik) Bug #11493 ICQ: Impossible to change value of "Allow other to view my status from the web" optionfixed by dushistov_ea
- Bug #9129 ICQ: File transfer is broken
Bug #11669 Unable to connect password protected HTTPS Proxyfixed by Alex Masterov Bug #10426 Jabber: Some messages is received twice.fixed by reklov Jabber: Impossible to move some contacts from one group to anotherfixed by Shaplov Bug #10994 Sim-IM loose configure files when disk is fullfixed by Shaplov Sim-IM loose configure files when pressing Cancel while changing profilefixed by Shaplov
- Bug #11221 Send button for "Authorization request" is always disabled, when request is sending from message window menu.
- Bug #10945 Sim-IM can't connect the network after changing of network address In progress by Vooft (Mikheev N.)
- Bug #5995 Spellcheck in Sim-IM for KDE: Checked misspelled words is sent to recipient coloured in red color
- Bug #5994 Spellcheck in Sim-IM for KDE tries to analyse html tags of formatted message
- Bug #12254 Spellcheck in Sim-IM for KDE highlights all words in message in some cases.
- Bug #12255 Update button in userinfo/settings window is not re-enabling after updating.
- Bug #12313 ICQ: Messages does not arrive ICQ6-Users (but it seems to work with SIM 0.9.4.3/4)
There are also some not release-critical bugs. We can release sim without fixing them, but in release version these features should be disabled where it is possible:
- Bug #10530 ICQ: Impossible to send SMS
- Bug #9681 Jabber: Problems with bold and underlined text in messages from gaim/pidgin
- Bug #9051 ICQ: Jabber groups is created on ICQ server when using ICQ and Jabber together
- Bug #12257 Jabber: Sim-IM crashes when trying to send contact (Contact List menu option).
- Bug #12259 MSN and OSCAR pluging can't be used together. We should at least warn a user when creating new connection.
- Bug #6969 Yahoo search and add does not work.
- Bug #9236 Online contacts shown as offline after period of time (OSCAR-Specs-Problem, only non-authorized contacts seems to be affected)
- Bug #12314 ICQ: Change Passwords is not possible
- Bug #12316 Jabber: Change Passwords is not possible
- [Still seems not to be in list] Server-stored Non-IM contacts are afaik are not added to contactlist... (not processed?)
- [Still seems not to be in list] Yahoo/MSN joined with ICQ contacts, cannot be put in visible/invisible list ==> crash
- Create TextMessage abstract class:
- This class should be inherited by protocol specific TextMessages classes
- All interaction with message: showing, creating new message to send, etc should be done via virtual functions of that class
- All plugins are able to get incoming message and do something with sending message (which are represented by this class), if they want to by using existing event system (so will need to add some events for it)
- After TextMessage class is implemented we will be able:
- Rewrite history plugin
- Create spam-filter plugin
Sim-IM 0.9.7 and later
- Create Contat protocol independent generic class
- Create Group protocol independent generic class
- Create Protocol protocol independent generic class
- Create Profile abstract class
- Try to separate parsing code from UI-specific code
- Something else
- Port to QT4.0